Regardless of whether getting a puppy or new dog around Christmas is actually a bad thing (for that puppy or new dog), is up for debate; arguing the point is not relevant now.
If new puppies are in new homes, which they undoubtedly are, we want to keep them there by supporting new puppy owners, giving them the best advice and helping them avail of the best resources on puppy care.
We have a FREE trouble-shooting seminar for all puppy owners in January to help, and make sure everyone gets off on the right paw.
When – Saturday 6th January, 2018
What time – 2pm-4pm
Where – at the AniEd centre in Glasnevin, Dublin 11; just off J5 M50
What will we cover?
It will be two hours of puppy-people’s questions. All those niggling, puppy problems and behaviour mysteries will be discussed, so that puppies and their families can stay together in peace and harmony.
We will cover topics such as:
- what puppies need to know
- social experience – puppy and people
- social experience – puppy and other dogs
- social experience – puppy and other animals
- environmental experience – growing puppy brains and building confident, resilient puppies
- puppy’s first walks
- travelling in the car
- importance of mental exercise
- care with physical exercise
- puppy nipping, biting and bite inhibition
- puppies & children
- management – prevent unwanted puppy behaviour
- crate and confinement training – benefits and pitfalls
- alone training
- night-time training
- passive training – catch your puppy doing the right thing!
- Park your Pup – teach your puppy to relax and settle, and be ignored
- preventing resource guarding
- handling and grooming comfort
- toilet training
- playing with your puppy
We have lots to cover, and no doubt there will be more to discuss.
Who should attend?
This is vital for new puppy owners, if even if they have had puppies before. There’s nothing like going from an adult dog to a new, young puppy!!
We will be discussing puppy training & behaviour relating to puppies five months and younger.
This will also be great for those thinking of getting a puppy so that they can be prepared.
Pet professionals and veterinary personnel are welcome to come along too, as they will often be in positions to advise puppy owners.
This is a people-only event, and requires booking so we know how many to expect.
You can book by emailing email@example.com, messaging our Facebook page, or calling and leaving your details (01 8308380 or 086 044 9275).
We are closed for Christmas and New Year’s but will make sure to respond to all bookings for this event as soon as possible. Rest assured, that if you have contacted us and left your details, you have a spot on this seminar!