Fireworks fear among dogs is pretty normalised but that shouldn’t mean we are helpless to do anything about it!
Even though we have next to no time before fright night, by planning, being proactive and preparing now we might be able to help our pets experience less distress.
The full emergency-relief program is here: Dying of Fright.
Top Ten Halloween Safety Tips for Dogs & their Humans
- Be proactive!
2. Set up a safe bunker for your dog!
3. Stock up on the BEST toys and treat!
More on Stuffables here.
More on chews and chewing here.
4. Have a treat-party for every BANG!
Snuffling & sniffing here and here.
5. Close windows and curtains, and turn the sound up!
6. Have a plan for walkies, outings and toilet breaks!
Sniffathon rules here!
7. Talk to your vet.
8. When dogs are stressed, then may be less tolerant. Keep a close eye on interactions with kids and other pets.
9. Dress-up and costumes are scary for dogs too!
10. Comfort your dog!
Watch them as a slideshow here:
Consult #100daysofenrichment for lots of ideas to keep your dog busy and entertained.
2 thoughts on “Howl-O-Ween 2020”
Love this article. So helpful and easy to read. I’ve sent it on to loads of friends.
Thanks for all your blogs and advice. I love them.
Thanks so much Jane, really appreciate it!
Comments are closed.